To Write a Letter to the Editor
Deadline: Mondays 12:00 Noon
- Letters to the editor should be limited to about 300 words
- Include a full name and/or valid signature and mailing address and telephone numbers where the writer may be reached
- Names of persons writing letters will not be withheld from publication.
- Unsigned letters will not be published.
- Letters endorsing or opposing political candidates are political advertising and should be directed to the advertising department.
- All letters are subject to editing.
- Letters of complaint about private businesses will be forwarded to the business and will not be published.
- “Thank you” letters are considered advertising and will not be published as letters to the editor.
Letters may be mailed to:
The Albany News
PO Box 2139
Albany, TX 76430
Publisher: Donnie Lucas
Editor: Melinda Lucas
Reporter/Features: Katherine Thomson
Advertising Sales: Tony Kitchens
Circulation: Jody Patterson
Call, FAX or Email Us:
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.